Thursday, June 21, 2007

All of my opinions, including one regarding Will Phalen and the Stereo Addicts

First of all, I just want to be the very first person on the internet to say, I quite like the White Stripes, and their new album "Icky Thump" is really the bee's knees! You've done it again, Meg White.

But my real impetus for inaugurating my relationship with this blog is to inform you all of the sweet show I saw last night.

I know that, due to a contract Randy signed with Sony, the official live band of this blog is Long Island's own screamo outfit The Autumn Purple Ashes. That said, I would encourage you all to check out Wisco's own Will Phalen and the Stereo Addicts, a new act that combines elements of locally know bands like the Mosaic, Freshwater Collins, Decibully, and more. The result, at least as far as I can tell from last night's show at Madison's High Noon Saloon, is a sound not unlike the Old 97's, if somewhat less saccharine, combined with a bit of My Morning Jacket, if a bit less Radioheady-by-way-of-Kentucky.

Check them out: http://www.willphalen.com/stereoaddicts/

No comments:

 

free counter